Check out this Hormone Healthy Recipe!
Spring is finally here! That means beautiful spring vegetables like peas and asparagus are in season. We love this hormone healthy recipe from Everyday Food. Add a little quinoa for a base.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound small sea scallops, side muscle removed
- Coarse salt
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian garlic-chili sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
In a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over high heat, warm oil, about 1minute; swirl to coat bottom of pan evenly. Add scallops, flat sides down, and cook until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per
side. Season with salt. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook, stirring, until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add ginger, sugar snap peas, and 1/2 cup water; cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are crisp-tender and water has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add scallops, lime juice, chili sauce, and cilantro. Toss to coat. Season with salt, as desired.