Those who suffer from rosacea may greatly benefit from the following remedies listed below.
However, when treating rosacea consult with a dermatologist first or before using any over the counter rosacea treatments.
1. Cleanse skin with liquid 2% salicylic acid cleanser. This gentle cleanser reduces inflammation and redness without irritating skin.
2. Applying topical Pycnogenal based cream for rosacea or gel can benefit the capillary system and help reduce redness and inflammation associated with rosacea. Alpha lipoic acid and green tea extract moisturizer are also great products for rosacea.
3. Scrubbing, rubbing, using abrasive exfoliants or wash cloths exacerbates rosacea. Never use these exfoliants.
4. Avoid saunas, sun exposure, cold winds, hot tubs, exfoliants, smoking, stress, spicy or hot foods, and hot beverages as these will likely trigger an outbreak.
5. Some other rosacea remedies include avoiding sour cream, yogurt, chocolate, soy sauce, vinegar, navy beans, lima beans, pea pods, spinach, eggplant, tomatoes, bananas, citrus fruits, raisins, plums, figs and liver can help prevent outbreaks. Recommended foods include antioxidant-rich vegetables such as broccoli, artichokes, asparagus, green beans, leafy lettuces and fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches, plums and cantaloupe.
6. Avoid alcohol (red wine, vodka, gin, beer, champagne and bourbon) hot coffee, hot cider, hot chocolate and tea.
7. Avoid cosmetics and products containing fragrance, alcohol, peppermint, witch hazel, menthol, Retinoids (Retin-A, Renova) and facial masks.
8. Zinc (50 mg.) and Vitamin A (10,000 I.U.) daily can help minimize rosacea. Vitamin B-12 injections have been known to help remedy rosacea.
9. Mineral makeup can help camouflage redness associate with rosacea.
10. Rosacea home treatment can be done in just a few sessions of LED Red Light Therapy which can help diminish the red flush of rosacea. It’s also anti aging, helps diminish wrinkles, tightens skin, help refine pores and can help fade pigmentation spots.
11. Try another form of rosacea care called IPL Photofacials that can help diminish the rosacea symptoms and pigmentation problems. However it can be costly at about $300 to $500 a session and usually five to six sessions are required.