Louisa’s Anti Aging and Skin Care Tips: Health and Vitamin Supplements
** NOTE: Check with your health care professional before taking suggested skin care vitamins or anti aging supplement.
Many vitamin supplements can help protect skin from free radical damage, and help reverse the signs of aging and sun damage. Also, some health and vitamin supplements listed here can also help uplift mood.
Below I’ve outlined the benefits of these anti aging, health and skin care vitamin supplements.
1. Taking 1000 mg. of Vitamin C or fat-soluble C-Ester and drinking eight to 10 glasses of water daily is recommended by anti-aging experts. Vitamin C keeps your immune system and capillaries healthy. Find Vitamin C in citrus fruits and vegetables.
2. Combining Vitamin D with calcium can help you better digest calcium. This combination of vitamin supplements also protects against polyps in the colon. Vitamin D 3 is also beneficial for breast and colon protection, immune function and healthy cell replication. If you are prone to blemishes or experiencing adult acne, taking a Vitamin D supplement daily can keep blemishes in check. Also find Vitamin D in eggs, milk and liver.
3. Magnesium (often combined with Calcium) helps relieve water retention, mood swings, protects bones, nerves and muscle. If you have difficulty falling asleep, take Calcium/magnesium vitamin supplements at bedtime. You can find magnesium in dairy products. The doctor recommended dose of Magnesium is 200 mg. daily.
4. Taking daily Omega 3-fatty acids such as fish oil is highly beneficial for health and anti aging. Omega 3’s are particularly beneficial for uplifting your mood. They can also help support vascular health, provide joint care, help slow down aging, hydrate the skin and hair, ignite fat burning and even balance hormones. Essential fatty acids such as flax seed, fish oil (sardines, mackerel & anchovies) are vital to a healthy body.
5. Flax Seed Oil, a plant-based essential fatty acid, is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. It’s known to help balance hormones and reduce levels of hormones linked to breast cancer. It has heart protective properties, can help relieve arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Flax Seed Oil also helps ignite fat burning, and uplifts mood.
Take flax seed supplements with meals or grind flax seeds and sprinkle over cereal, in a yogurt and fruit bowl, or in oatmeal. Add flax seed oil to salad dressing or mix it into tuna salad.
6. Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) is an excellent vitamin supplement for adrenal support and mood uplifting. B5 also helps food turn into energy. If you’re exhausted or have a high-stress job, consider taking Pantothenic acid daily. You will find it in eggs, bananas, beans, beans, raw vegetables and nuts.
7. Green Tea extract contains anti-inflammatory agent that can help prevent wrinkles and natural fat-burning properties to assist weight loss, and lower cholesterol. Green tea is also known to protect against certain cancers. Natural, thermogenic green tea is an antioxidant that also helps stimulate collagen production, helping the skin to look more firm and youthful. Drinking green tea on an empty stomach each morning can help you drop 10 lbs. over the course of one year.
8. Taking a combination of Vitamin B6, Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin E supplement before menstruation can help relieve symptoms of PMS related depression, tender breasts and inflammation that flares ups during this time of the month.
9. Folate or Folic Acid, B6 and B12, often found in multivitamins can assist memory function, protect the lining of nerves, helps fight infection and protects DNA. B Vitamins can be found in eggs, meat, liver, seafood, fruits, nuts, vegetables, avocados, whole grains and beans.
10. CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant that supports heart health, fights free radicals and can help support the immune system. CoQ10 also helps increase energy. Taking 100 mg. a day can help those who feel tired or exhausted. Recent studies reveal that CoQ10 is also known to help relieve stiffness associated with Parkinson’s Disease, and can help relieve pain associated with fibromyalgia and migraine headaches.
11. Lecithin can help increase skin elasticity and thickness, improves hair and nail condition and supports joint health. And get this –Lecithin can also help soften and carry away cholesterol from artery walls, helping to lower blood pressure and support heart health.
So it’s okay to eat chocolate ladies – it contains lecithin!
12. Biotin and Silica gel capsules can help improve thinning hair or weak and brittle nails.
References: Look and Feel Your Best On Any Budget: Copyright 2007,2011 Louisa Maccan Graves