Did you know that poor memory and depression may be a sign that you are lacking in DHA? In fact, several studies have revealed that DHA can offer many additional health benefits.
Consuming a daily supplement of DHA can:
– lower anxiety and anger and help uplift mood,
– help reduce post-partum depression, bipolar illness and schizophrenia,
– prevent brain shrinkage (which occurs as we age)
– help fight off brain plaque. Brain plaque is associated with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and brain fog.
If you are challenged with any of these issues, check with your doctor about taking DHA which is found in fish oil. However, as you may have read in my AGE-PROOF book, I have not been a fan of fish oil supplements for quite some time since discovering that many fish oils can cause inflammation. Many studies, including one from Yale University researchers and alternative health physician, Dr. R. Rowen, uncovered some startling facts about fish oil in early 2010. They revealed that many fish oil supplements were tainted with mercury and other toxins (prior to packaging). While several others, when exposed to oxygen or heat, became rancid!!
Did you know that ingesting rancid fish oil triggers many serious health issues?! They include weight gain, high insulin levels, blood clots, sore joints and inflammation. And we all know that Inflammation causes us to age faster and look older and is associated with many diseases.
In addition, omega 3 fish oil supplements are high in unsaturated fat and not easily absorbed by the body. By taking fish oil in the amounts noted on most supplement bottles, many women and men have experienced a weight gain of 10 or more pounds as well as cravings for simple carbohydrates such as breads and sweets. Eating these types of carbs also cause inflammation, rapid aging and disease. In addition, many individuals report that they feel ‘blue’, look older than their years, and have been experiencing joint pain. Rancid fish oil may be the reason.
DHA/Omega 3 Alternative
We know it’s important to consume omega 3’s (fatty acids). They help support our respiratory and heart health. So taking them daily and especially during cold and flu season is very important. The good news is you can get DHA/EPA Omega 3s in a much safer, non-rancid form. It’s called Vectomega®. It’s a whole food that offers omega 3 DHA/EPA with unique bioactive salmon peptides for superior brain and heart health.
– not a fish oil therefore will not cause fish burps,
– cold processed salmon – extracted without chemicals, solvents or excessive heat,
– omega-3 from salmon as nature intended, never chemically altered so is the best form for brain health,
– offers five types of heart and brain healthy phospholipids (great for brain support and especially good for those challenged with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or brain fog,
– offers zero rancidity
– third party tested for purity – no concerns with toxins, heavy metals or contaminants,
– just one tablet a day
Find it at your local health food store or contact me if you need a source.